Tuesday, November 2, 2010

TWD - Peanuttiest Blondies



I just got back home late yesterday from a long weekend in the Big Apple with hubs and some friends.  I love NYC in the Fall.  The air is crisp so all that walking you do doesn't seem quite so exhausting and the people are quite so irritable!  Plus, Central Park is absolutely stunning.  

So, I was glad when I read the recipe for this week's TWD.  It was simple which was just what I needed.  I had tons of laundry and catching up to do around the house and didn't have time (or inclination) for anything too complicated!

These are essentially chocolate chip cookies in bar form.  Hubs favorite thing on earth is chocolate chip cookies so he'll have no problem polishing off the entire pan.  And speaking of pan......I didn't have the 9x9 square pan called for so I used a 13x9.  It made for a thinner bar, but the baking time was a little shorter.  Mine were done in just under 30 minutes.

Thanks to Nicole of Bakeologie for this week's pick.  Check out her site for the recipe.  And check back here later this week for some pics from our New York weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment