Friday, October 29, 2010

FFwD - Marie Helene's Apple Cake


All of these apple deserts are going to be the death of me.  I love them.  So I'm hoping this is the last one and we can move on to something that I won't constantly just "cut a litle corner off of".  Because little corners don't contain any calories.......



And this one had three tablespoons of dark rum in it.  And I love me some dark rum.  There's just something so sexy about dark rum.  Or maybe that's just me....

This dessert is one of those times that you should have the exact bakeware required for the job.  This cake called for an 8" springform pan and all I had were 6" and 9" pans.  I used the 9" pan and as you can tell from all of those apple chunks poking through the top, it wasn't exactly a great substitute visually.  It didn't, however, alter the taste what.so.ever!! But I do think the 8" would have made a prettier cake.



This was an incredibly easy and quick recipe to put together and I can see myself making this over and over agin.....with apples or pears or peaches or......  It would be great for breakfast with a cup of coffee, or in the middle of the afternoon, or for dessert with some ice cream or whipped cream on top.  Or all by itself.  Whatever.  Make it.  It's in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment