Tuesday, October 5, 2010

TWD - Double Apple Bundt Cake

This cake is is the devil.  And it's the sole reason that I'm seriously pissed off.  I have been trying to pack for my trip all morning and everything I tried on to take with me is tight.  As in "muffin-top" tight.  And as in "hopefully it will be cold so I can wear big sweaters to cover up the muffin-top" tight.  Shit.


It all started on Sunday when I made this cake.  Dorie said the cake is best after it sits for a day so that all of the flavors can meld together.  Wha????  If I would have done that I'd be going to France naked.  It began when I tried to unmold (is that a word?) it from my silicone bundt pan.....it's so flippin moist that some of it stuck to the silicone. (Isn't that the point of silicone??)  So I started eating the stuck parts.  Which led to practically eating the rest of the cake.  I couldn't stop.

As I said....it's moist.  I think the combination of the apple butter and grated apples just puts this over the top.  And then add in the perfect fall spices.....nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger and it essentially becomes crack.

If you've got a trip coming up soon, DON'T MAKE THIS CAKE.  Otherwise get yourself over to Lynn's site, Honey Muffin, for the recipe.  But plan on heading to the mall in a few days to buy a bigger size jean.  Just sayin.

I'll be on the treadmill until my flight leaves on Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Evil cake indeed! Beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! i love apple butter and your cake looks fantastic. I used an old Dorie recipe for apple cake, from her book "Sweet Treats" @ Buttercreambarbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, I've eaten the stuck parts in silicone before. I mean, what can ya say, they are GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really good, wasn't it. Silicone is made to give you little pieces to eat....

    ReplyDelete