Friday, March 20, 2009

Random Shizzle

Let's just start with my NCAA bracket and get that ugliness out of the way, shall we.  (It's not my responsibility to solve our nation's woes, so yes, I had time to fill one out!)  And can I just say that as much as I lurve my Ohio teams, it's their fault my brackets are in such as mess right now.  Ummmmm what's up with Cleveland State???  Knocking out Wake Forest???  I had Wake playing in the finals  :(  Seems embarrassing now.  Add to that Dayton eliminating West Virginia and my Buckeyes biting it in double OT and you might as well put a fork in me.

My revised Final Four is Louisville, UConn, Pitt and Oklahoma, but I've proven not to be very good at this.  Hell, it will probably be Cleveland State vs. Xavier in the finals for all I know.

The good news is, it's just a mere 24 weeks until college football.  WOOT!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I read a couple of pretty good books while I was laying on my assets in Cabo last week.  The Associate by John Grisham and Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult.  These are two authors that I consider to be great "beach" reads....you know what you're going to get and you know it's not going to be difficult reading, plus if you're sipping a Mai Tai while reading and happen to get distracted, you'll still be able to follow the plot!  Both of these fit that description.  Especially the "knowing what you're going to get" part with the Jodi Picoult book.  I was a little disappointed.  If you've read "My Sister's Keeper", you've essentially read "Handle With Care".....she basically just changed the disease and the character's names and gave it a different title.  That being said, I still enjoyed it.  I'm not sure anyone can write about controversial topics and get you to see both sides of the issue from a sympathetic angle better than she can. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And finally, a couple of new obsessions.....



It's a leave in conditioner for your hair and it's A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!!  You massage a very small amount into your damp hair and style as usual and your hair feels like silk and shines like a mofo!  I'm not kidding.  I've started putting this stuff on my cuticles, my face....everywhere.  I'm thinking about putting it on my pasta next.  (that I am kidding about)  Get yourself some of this.






If you're a fan of The Biggest Loser, you've seen these on the contestants arms.  I've had mine for about a month now and it's amazingly accurate.  According to the website, here's how it works:


"The bodybugg® is the most accurate device on the market today for measuring calorie expenditure outside of a clinical setting."

"It utilizes a patented process for interpreting calorie burn called "sensor fusion" developed by BodyMedia, Inc. This process involves collecting a range of body-data using multiple physiological sensors instead of a single sensor, which is what other calorie estimation devices such as pedometers and heart rate monitors rely on. It's this multi-sensor approach that enables bodybugg® to "see" the wearer's context (whether they are sitting, sleeping, jogging, walking, etc.) that makes bodybugg® such a reliably accurate device for calorie expenditure estimation."

If you're into working out and keeping track of what you eat, this is a great device.  At the end of the day you upload your data to a website where you can also input your intake of food for the day and it will tell you exactly how many calories you've burned throughout the day vs. calories consumed.  The thing I like most about this is it calculates calories burned while at rest also, not just while you're working out.  Check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment