The good and the not-so-good from vacation.....
First, the Good......
1. Obviously, Little Dix Bay. A beautiful location.
2. Total relaxation. I finally finished the book I've been trying to finish for two months and actually read two more!
3. Six airplanes and two boats and not one glitch or delay! When does that ever happen?
4. Horrible cell phone reception!
5. Which means I got this handsome dude all to myself for a week. The only board he was chairman of, for 7 days, was mine! Happy Anniversary, EB. Love you.
Now, for the Not-so-Good.....
1. NO TENNIS....for some f'n reason, "ESPN, the island version" didn't think showing live, or even taped for that matter, tennis was a good idea. WTF?
2. The food. Anyone who knows me, knows I like great food. No great food here. Not horrible, just not great.
3. Returning to a foot of snow and 15 degree temps in lovely Detroit. I'm ready to get back to 'bama!
4. Horrible cell phone reception! I got the same text message 40 times a day for six days. Just kept coming....over and over and over and...
5. Having to return to reality!
Next up..........VEGAS, baby!!
As I said, I didn't get to see any tennis last week but I did get to see the replay of the Nadal vs. Verdasco match when we got home yesterday. In a word, unbelievable. Some of the most incredible shot making I've ever seen.
Until this morning. Nadal was simply stunning in the finals today. Look, I love Federer and was really pulling for him to win, but Nadal is totally in his head and I don't see him exorcising the demon anytime soon. It was extremely evident in the post-match award ceremony. Heart-wrenching to watch Fed break down. And to have the next possible meeting be in the French Open?? Not looking good.
Congrats to Rafa. We've never seen anything quite like you.
So, who are you taking in the Super Bowl? Seems that all of the experts and talking heads are predicting Pittsburgh, but I can't help remembering last year when all of the those same boneheads gave the Giants no chance. Which means I'm taking the Cardinals.
Mostly, I'm looking forward to the commercials and The Boss at halftime. Enjoy the game everyone.