Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bananas!!

So I'm cleaning out my library yesterday (STILL inputting books) and I find this recipe card in one of the books for Banana Bread.  Now this is written in my own hand writing and, of course, when I copied it (because I certainly didn't make it up) I didn't give the author any credit.  My  best guess is that it's probably an old recipe of my Mom's but I can't be certain.  If you're reading this and I stole it from you.....thanks!!

Anywho, I made it yesterday because (1) I had old bananas, (2) Charlotte LOVES banana bread, and most importantly (3) I was in the mood!!

Good call because it was delish...

Here's the recipe (it's beyond simple)

1 cup sugar
8 tablespoons unsalted butter - room temperature
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 tbsp milk (I used cream....so shoot me)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon  baking soda
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and butter a loaf pan

Cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs one at a time, beat well after each one.

In a small bowl, mash bananas with a fork.  Mix in milk and cinnamon.  In another bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.  Add banana mixture to the butter mixture,  mix well, and then add the dry ingredients and mix well.

Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool.  Remove from pan and slice.  


No comments:

Post a Comment