Monday, July 11, 2016

Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Frittata


I had my girlfriends over for Breakfast at Wimbledon on Saturday morning and we may have actually watched a few points of the tennis.  Mostly we ate, drank champagne, laughed, drank tequila, laughed and drank wine.  Yeah.  Suffice it to say, Saturday morning turned into Saturday afternoon and drunkenly dragged into Saturday night. 

I didn't get out of my pajamas until Sunday night just to take a bath and get back into (different) pajamas and crawl into bed at 8:00pm.

I'm too old for that shit.  But I guarantee it'll probably happen again.  


Because of said champagne, tequila and wine, I didn't get a lot of quality pics but I wanted to share what I served because it was pretty damn good.  Humbly speaking, of course.

We started with this Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Frittata which I served in these adorable individual cast iron skillets.  Aren't they fabulous?!  Well, they used to be.  My amazing husband was nice enough to clean up the kitchen for his drunken wife and her friends and loaded those CAST IRON skillets into the ole dishwasher.  He sure did.  I'm sure I can bring them back to life.....they're in the oven right now loaded down with oil and salt to try and GET ALL THAT RUST OFF.  Ugh.  But I still appreciate that you cleaned up, Honey!!

I also made these Blueberry Coconut Muffins served with a Maple Blueberry Butter and this Bahama Mama Banana Rum Cake with Rum Glaze that is the second most popular recipe on the blog.  That's a well deserved honor.  It's slap your mama good.

We also tried out the new hot trend in drinks, which consists of dropping a popsicle into alcohol and letting them fuse together.  Meh....we were all a little lukewarm on this.  


We tried raspberry in Champagne....don't be like me and do this with Veuve....use a cheaper champs.  It frankly just ruined my already perfect Veuve but this is a cute idea to maybe do at a bridal brunch, or something.  I suggest letting the popsicles soften for a bit in the glass before adding the champs so they can meld together.  I put mine in directly from the freezer and it took forever to melt.

We also experimented with lime popsicles, tequila and club soda.  Again, the popsicles need to be a little soft for this to work.  Ours were frozen and we were pretty much just drinking straight Casa Migos (truly the best tequila.....I think it's actually just the tears of George Clooney, but...) so learn from my mistakes.


Things were starting to get sloppy at this point and this was the best picture I was capable of taking.....



So that was my Saturday.  Congrats to Serena and Andy and my apologies to Serena for not actually watching much of her record tying win.  And can I just tell the media to get off Steffi Graf's jock for calling Angelique Kerber to wish her luck and not calling Serena.  Steffi is GERMAN you idiots and she called her fellow GERMAN.  I'm sure Chrissy called Serena.  GTF over yourselves.  That's all.


Click on the links above for all the recipes.




No comments:

Post a Comment