Monday, April 7, 2014

Before and Afters.......and Prom!



Last week was full of messes and painters and their paint fumes but about five o'clock on Saturday afternoon it was finished.  And I no longer have painters in my house!  Wheee!!

We couldn't be happier with the results and maybe this is just the push this ole place needed to entice a buyer!!  It's brighter, cheerier and that dated faux painting is GONE!!

Here are the before and afters...



BEFORE......all we did in here was paint the walls.  My pictures don't really do the change justice!  It's a subtle but welcome change.  After we painted the tv room, the faux painting in here just made the walls look dirty.  Not any more!!





AFTER




BEFORE.....the sun room


AFTER....dark wood work gone along with the heavy couch and ottoman.  I went shopping in one of the upstairs bedrooms for the two chairs!  I love them.





BEFORE....tv room....dark, heavy, blah!





AFTER....much better.  New couch and chair, same ottoman, and again.....I went shopping upstairs for the two leather club chairs (one is out of the shot)



My favorite thing might be the repurposing of my  bar cart.  I don't know why it had never crossed my mind to use it for its original intent, but.....







++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Saturday night was also Prom night for several of the areas high schools and my BFF's son asked if he could bring his friends up to the pool house for their pictures.  Mother nature cooperated and provided a beautiful day.



Whalen with Mom and Dad



I know!  Such a beautiful couple.




Boys!!  I've gotta wonder if Whalen's placing a bet??







Great kids and it was fun having them here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment