Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Little Sabbatical

It wasn't planned, this leave of absence, but I guess I needed it.  It must have been a combination of lack of inspiration and all that's been going on around here.  I had a little surgery, entertained family members, and trying to sell the house.  The first two were highly successful and the third one, well, keep your fingers crossed for the next week!  We are currently negotiating our second offer and would be beyond excited if it works out, but can I just say there are some seriously strange people out there?  We got our first offer last week and the dude had the balls to ask us to throw in a "case of wine (good)".  Oh yes he did.  And yes, he put good in parenthesis.  And then two hours later he withdrew the offer.  Whaaaaa?  Extremely disappointing, because I wanted to counter with a case of Natty Light. Whatever.

So, just to get this blogging ball rolling again, here are a few things that have caught my attention lately.

These two had my full attention for a week.  Kids will wear you OUT!!  But are they not the cutest ever??

  



I've been watching some of the Olympics, but I enjoy the photography more, I think.  Like this shot.  And this one.

And speaking of photos.......have you seen this one?  Oh my.

I made these sandwiches this week and they were out-of-this-world scrumptious!  Joy the Baker never disappoints.

Even if you're not a business traveler, this article offers up some great tips.

I have to admit that I've got the DVR set for this Oprah interview.  Am dying to hear how someone that beats the crap out of you is your "best friend".  

When I get back from vacation, I think I'll try making all 10 of these!  YUM!

About that vacay......I'm heading to the mountains for a week of cool temps and NO humidity!  I'll keep you posted.  Promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment