Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lemon Rosemary Chicken Bake

In Colorado last week, my mom asked me what was Pinterest.  I answered, "the most amazing thing ever!"  It's probably not, but it has opened me up to so many new blogs and websites that I may never have found on my own.  Including some great recipes.


That's where I found this Lemon Rosemary Chicken Bake.  A pinner that I follow must have just discovered this blog because she (he?  yes men are Pinterest freaks also!) pinned several recipes in a row from Providence Ltd. Design.  They (two sisters) do a weekly post entitled "Sunday Supper".  As I perused the blog I found myself bookmarking recipe after recipe but this one stood out as easy, quick to assemble and with ingredients that always speak to me.

It was all of those things.  This is perfect for a weeknight dinner with the family but also elegant enough for a dinner party with friends.  The best part about it is it can all be assembled in a roasting pan and put directly in the oven.  Since Hubs is the dishwasher it thrills him when there's only one pan to clean up!  The original recipe called for all chicken legs, but Hubs is more of a white meat man so I used three whole breasts and four whole legs.  Use what ever floats your boat but definitely give this one a try.



Ingredients (serves 4)

8 chicken legs
1 lemon
1 pound (450 g) potatoes
10 cloves garlic
 4 tablespoons olive oil
fresh rosemary
coarse salt & pepper
1 cup dry white wine (I used a domestic Sauvignon Blanc)

 Put chicken legs into a roasting dish. Cut potatoes and lemon into wedges. Add in the wedges and peeled garlic cloves. You can half some of the largest cloves. Add in olive oil, coarsely chopped rosemary, salt and pepper and toss until all the ingredients are evenly coated. Pour in a glass of dry white wine.

 Bake at 400 F (200 C) for 40-50 minutes until tender, fragrant and beautifully browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment