Thursday, September 24, 2009

TWD - Cottage Cheese "Flop"lets

They were supposed to be Pufflets. Cottage Cheese Pufflets.

Not. So. Much.

I wasn't overly thrilled about these in the first place. Anything that starts with cottage cheese doesn't exactly doesn't generate a lot of excitement in the ole saliva glands. Don't get me wrong. I actually like cottage cheese. It has it's uses.....along side a fresh from the garden tomato, for example. But in a dessert? I wasn't convinced, but since I've been such a blogging slacker lately, I was making these.

So I made the dough and put it in the fridge overnight. I got up the next morning and planned on rolling these out, adding strawberry preserves to some and some Nutella to the rest, baking them and taking to my tennis match to share. This dough does not roll out. What a nightmare.

I tried, people. Really I did. I just could not get the dough to cooperate. Mine was just too soft. I kept putting it back into the refrigerator to try to get it to harden, but as soon as I started working with it again, it stuck to everything in sight.

So, I have no Pufflets to show you. All I had were Floplets. So instead I'll just post a cute picture of Bram. Baby pictures always work!



Thanks to Jacque of Daisy Lane Cakes for this week's pick. Head over to her site for the recipe and to see what these were supposed to look like. The other, more accomplished bakers of TWD had success with these, so don't let my failures scare you away!

1 comment:

  1. Aaah, what a sweet baby! Yes, much better to look at adorable babies than hard to work with cookies.

    Thanks for baking along this week. I'm sorry they were such a pain.

    ReplyDelete