Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TWD - Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart

The first thing I do when I get a new cookbook is scan the entire book and look at all the pictures. I really like to know what something is supposed to look like before I attempt to make it. Otherwise, I may really screw it up.

Dorie's book was no different. And the one picture that really caught my eye the first time I looked was the one for this week's recipe....the Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart. It soooo looked like something I would like to be able to make. I'm glad it wasn't chosen until now, because if it was picked earlier I may have been too intimidated to try. But, I feel like after almost a year of desserts, I'm not afraid to at least give it a shot!



Isn't that gorgeous?? And, yes, it tastes just as good as it looks.



That caramel-nut layer is vital. Without it the ganache would be over-powering and just too rich, but that nutty, caramely, gooey layer makes everything better!



Charlotte thought so too!

Thanks to Carla of Chocolate Moosey for this pick. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. Tart looks lovely. All that beautiful caramel and ganache. Deep, dark, and decadent.

    ReplyDelete