Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TWD - Creamiest Lime Cream Meringue Pie

There was no way I was going to get a pie made this week, but after reading everyone's comments about this week's selection, I knew I at least wanted to make the Lime Cream. And I had every intention of getting it posted on TIME!




But we ran into a little snafu yesterday afternoon with Mr. B's ankle. He was having some major discomfort so we headed back to the Doc to see what was going on. I'll spare you the bloody (literally) details because some people come here for food and, well, let's just say it was disgusting!!

Once they got all of the original bandages off we were able to see exactly what was done. OMG. He has six incisions in his foot with the major one going from the middle of his arch to about four inches above his achilles. The other five are between one to two inches so his foot looks exactly like Frankenstein. Really. I took pictures but he made me promise not to post them. Damn.

So that's my excuse for not getting the Lime Cream posted yesterday.

As you can see I took some liberties and deconstructed the pie. I also left out the meringue....don't like meringue. I do like whipped cream, however! So, I made the lime cream, which is a.m.a.z.i.n.g., threw some ginger snaps in the food processor and whipped some cream and that was my dessert. It was delicious.

And really pretty easy. I never got the lime cream to 180 degrees but I got the "whisk tracks" that Dorie mentioned so I pulled it off the stove shortly after that. I also only added about half a stick of butter instead of two whole sticks. Everything worked great.

Thanks to Linda of Tender Crumb for this week's pick. Head over to her site for the recipe.

2 comments:

  1. First off, wishing Mr B a speedy recovery!!!

    It sounds like you had a lot going on, so I'm so happy that you baked along with me this week. You definitely focused on the best part of the recipe - the lime cream. Your presentation in the martini glass is perfect- YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good in that glass. Very refreshing.

    Maybe I will just try the custard.

    Hope Mr. B. recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete