Saturday, May 30, 2009

Farmer's market fresh greens with strawberries and feta....YUM

So I mentioned a few days ago about the killer strawberries I picked up at Pepper Place which is one of Birmingham's best Saturday morning farmer's market.

Look at these babies......



I also  bought some fabulous mixed greens and some of the best arugula I've ever had....so peppery and spicy that I had to make a fresh summer salad.    I tossed the greens with some of the strawberries, feta, pine nuts and some left over crumbled bacon.


Then I went searching some of my favorite blogs for a vinaigrette and lo and behold, 
I found one over at "A Good Appetite".


A perfect Strawberry Vinaigrette was the finishing touch that pulled this all together.



Strawberry Vinaigrette
adapted from recipe by "A Good Appetite"


1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c fresh strawberries, halved
1 T balsamic vinegar
1/4 t salt
1/8 t ground black pepper
1 t fresh or 1/4 t dried savory, tarragon, marjoram or basil (I used basil)
1/8 t white sugar

Process everything in a food processor or blender until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use. This dressing will be a little thicker than many vinaigrettes because of the strawberries.

Makes 1 cup


No comments:

Post a Comment