Tuesday, December 9, 2008

TWD - Grandma's All Occasion Sugar Cookies



Check me out.....I'm actually posting a Tuesday's with Dorie assignment on....yes, hear me now....Tuesday!!!

Truth be told, I had this sucker done on Saturday.  No lie.  Overachiever, me.

So, now that I'm done patting myself on the back....this week's recipe was "Grandma's All Occasion Sugar Cookies" chosen by Ulrike of Kuchenlatein.  Click here for the recipe. 

I, personally, don't think my Grandmother made sugar cookies, so I didn't really have a "Grandma comparison", but these little puppies are goooooood.  I rolled mine into a log for slicing and put it into the freezer for a couple of hours....mostly because everyone was saying that the dough was a little soft.  Other than rolling them a little small this worked great.  And since I like my sugar cookies soft, I sliced them thicker rather than thinner.


I sprinkled half of them with some red and green sugar and planned on icing the other half.  I used the icing recipe in the book which was just a combination of lemon juice and confectioner's sugar, but I don't think I'd use this again.....a little too lemony for my taste.   I'm planning on making another batch of these for when the fam comes after Christmas and whipping up some cream cheese frosting for them.

I do have one more sugar cookie recipe I'm going to try before I make these again.....not my Grandma's, but my Aunt Kate's.....and do a comparison.  I'll keep you posted!  If there anything close to these, we'll have two winners!


No comments:

Post a Comment