Thursday, September 4, 2008

Where do I start??

So many things to talk about....where do I begin???  I'll start with NYC and what I've been up to since Monday.  As I mentioned, Mr. B was not much into any more tennis, plus he had some work to do to finance my shopping, so I dropped him off at some office building on Madison Ave. and off I went to Bergdorf's...which is where I had my first celebrity siting of the week.  I'll preface this story by saying that most celebrities could come up and slap me in the face and I probably wouldn't recognize them, but most of the time their voice will ring some bells in my brain, which is exactly what happened in Bergie's.  I was sitting there minding my own business....trying on some sweet Christian Louboutin's.....when this skinny blond starts talking.   You know how your spine feels when someone scrapes their finger nails down a blackboard???  That's exactly what happened to me.....so I glanced up, and there sat one of those Arquette chicks.  At first I thought it was Patricia (cause that's the only name that came to mind), but when I got home and was telling Mr. B about it, he said he bet it was Rosanna.....the one that takes her clothes off all the time.  So I googled her.   He was right....it was the slutty one!!!
Rosanna Arquette picture

Anyhoo....she tried on lots of shoes, but didn't buy anything.  I, on the other hand, spent some of Mr. B's hard earned jack!!  You should see these shoes!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK....let's talk food.  Eating is, absolutely, one of my favorite things to do when I'm in NYC (or anywhere else, for that matter) and I always try to mix our dinner reservations between favorites and new adventures.  Monday night was a favorite....Felidia's which didn't disappoint.   It's just a consistently great Italian restaurant that we try to go to everytime we're here....which says a lot considering all of the great Italian restaurants in the city.  Everyone we've ever taken there has enjoyed it, I think, as much as we do.

Tuesday......after a hard day of shoe shopping, attorney meetings for Mr B, and miles and miles of walking for Jill and Melvin, we headed out for a casual dinner at Bobby Flay's Bar Americain.  This one is a favorite of the hubby's.  Personally, I think he goes solely for the homemade potato chips with the warm blue cheese dip.  Can't say I disagree!  It's sinful, but I'm not quite as big a fan of the restaurant as a whole as he is, but it's a safe bet.  I had the cioppino and it was fabulous....nice and spicy.  Mr. B had the peanut butter rocky road sundae, which tasted as good as it sounds, except when you got a bite of dried apricot.    HUH????  Just didn't belong there.  Whatev.    You should go there the next time you're in NYC....they're at 52nd between 6th and 7th Ave.




Wednesday was another work day for the boss, so the Upchurch's and I headed to the theatre to see "Gypsy".  Where to start.  First of all, the three of us were the youngest in the theatre by at least 20 years.  I have never see more blue-hairs in one place in my life.  Must have been the subject matter.  Second....while Patti LuPone was fabulous, and totally deserving of the Tony, the show itself was s. l. o. w....which could be another explanation for the advanced age of the crowd....I don't know.   Not a show that I would recommend but I'm glad I got to see Ms. Lupone in action.

Okay....which leads me to dinner last night.  This one was a new adventure.....DavidBurke and Donatella on the Upper East Side....61st between Park and Lexington.....and it was beyond great.  All four of us said this one was our favorite. My only criticism would be that we were packed in a little tight for my comfort level, but that's just me.  Everyone ordered something different and it was all delicious....from appetizers consisting of pretzel crusted crabcakes, "Angry" lobster, and beef carpaccio, to entree's of mustard crusted tuna, sauteed skate, "corn on the cod" and braised short ribs.  This one gets five stars and a hearty recommendation.  We'll absolutely be back!

This morning we said goodbye to Jill and Melvin.  I hope they had as much fun as we did!  Hubby and I then headed up Madison Ave to that shopping mecca known as the upper east side.  Fun, fun!  I bribed Mr. B with lunch at Il Tinello if he'd walk the 50 blocks with me.  It worked.....plus he scored some sweet shoes of his own, so everyone was happy.....and lunch was yummy....melt in your mouth proscuitto, homemade ravioli and tiramisu and tartuffo.  Can't beat that.

Right now we're hanging at home watching R-Fed....who's up two sets on Mr. Muller.  I'm hoping that little five set battle he had the other day was just what the doctor ordered and he's turned the corner.




No comments:

Post a Comment