Monday, September 1, 2008

US Open Action

We trekked out to Queens today.....can I just say that while I love NYC, I hate the subway.  Yes, I know it's efficient and the most convenient way to get around, but it's just dirty and I don't like to be that close to that many people.  I'm just sayin.

Now that I have that out of the way, the day was beautiful (a little hot) and the tennis was great.  We confined our viewing to Arthur Ashe Stadium which was fine.  The only other match I thought about seeing was my girl, Dinara, but whatev.

The first match of the day was Mardy Fish vs. Gael Monfils...Go USA.  Let's first start with the celebrities......


OK....that's just EB, but he's my celebrity


"Nasty" Nastase

Mary Carillo.....

Johnny Mac.....

Mr. Monfils......

A frustrated Mr. Monfils......


A triumphant Mardy Fish.....


M.J. in the post match interview..

This is who's up next for Fish......


Um....actually it's this guy......you should recognize him doing his favorite thing....

The "Sam"urais.....they were sitting right next to us and VERY supportive of Sam


Sam is a big guy.....
but Rafa is more powerful...

check out that arm....


We didn't stick around for the whole match.....we couldn't wait to get back on the subway!!

Had a great time, but one day was enough for Mr. Buker.  That's ok.....I'll introduce him to Park Avenue shopping tomorrow.  He may wish he'd picked tennis!!


No comments:

Post a Comment