Sunday, September 7, 2008

Quintessential Tourists

I did something today that I've never done in all of my numerous visits to NYC....took a carriage ride in Central Park and as much as I hate to admit it......had a good time.  First of all, it was just an amazingly beautiful day....75 degrees with no humidity.....and Zach and Ashley had never been there, so it just seemed like a fun thing to do.


This guy is doing what I should have been doing.....considering all that I've had to eat and drink this week......


but instead, I sat on my ass and let a horse pull me around!!


Z and A enjoying the ride

Mr B and me....

the typical site in CP


This awesome fellow provided the "horse"power!!

Our tour guide was a very cool Irish fellow...

We then decided to walk twenty blocks to go to the top of the Empire State Building and on our way we passed through Bryant Park which just happened to be hosting New York Fashion Week.  I didn't see too many "fashionable" people, but whatever.  I'll bet Bryant Park is really pretty without that big, ugly white tent parked in the middle of it.



The last time I was at the top of the Empire State Building was about four years ago in February.   BRRRR.  It wasn't near as cold this time, but a LOT more crowded.  I lasted about 5 minutes and got some pics, but then I was out of there.  This was just further confirmation of why I don't usually frequent tourist destinations.  That being said....the view up there is stunning!



So, we're all out of here tomorrow.  I've had a great time and it was so much fun to spend time with the fam, but I'm ready to get back to 'Bama and see Raffie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment