Sunday, January 24, 2016

Weekend stuff......


Let's start with a little eye candy....I loved the transformation of this Brooklyn brownstone. Just stunning.


57 small things to do for yourself this year. Sooo many good ones here but I find #26 to be especially true.


"We go from the freshest, deepest, coldest source of fresh water in North America, the Great Lakes, and we switch to the Flint River, which, historically, was an industrial sewer." Flint's water crisis......HOW in the hell does this happen?



I mentioned last week that I'm reading this book. Here's an interview that Katie Couric did with Paul's wife, Lucy. "You know, we're sort of all guaranteed suffering. And it's up to us to strive to make meaning - to strive to be good, to do the right thing, to be better - and to live according to our values."


We were all taught in grade school that no two snowflakes are the same. For those of you buried under massive amounts of those flakes this weekend, here's the science behind how those differences happen!


Garden and Gun (can y'all tell it's my FAVE?) talked some of the South's best professional pastry chef's and biscuit bakers into taste testing biscuits from fast food chains. I guarantee the results will surprise you!!


"Q-tips are one of the only, if not the only, major consumer products whose main purpose is precisely the one the manufacturer warns you against." I have always read to never put anything bigger than an elbow inside your ear canal, so I, obviously, don't use Q-tips, but Mr. B can't live without them.


Here's the original Buzzfeed article regarding tennis's match-fixing scandal and here's a link to player's reactions. I think we'd be naive to believe it's not happening and only a matter of time before the names come to light. Should they be banned for life?


Are you reading The Players Tribune? Lose yourself in the "Letters to My Younger Self" section....I particulary loved Joe Theismann's ("On November 18, 1985, maybe take the night off.") and Pete Sampras's letters. Then browse the rest of the site. It's a platform for players to connect directly with their fans, in their own words and it's an enlightening read. It's founded by Derek Jeter, so there's a heavy University of Michigan slant......avoid those areas!


I loved this story about an Indiana Pacer's usher. You just never know how interesting someone's life story might be!!!


So today's games will decide who will play this year's Super Bowl.....can you believe it'll be the 50th? FYI....I'm Team Brady. Haters gonna hate. (Speaking of the stud and his super model, this made me laugh!) I don't yet know my party plans, but if you're looking for some food inspiration..........50 Super Bowl Recipes for Super Bowl 50, these cashews sound delish and easy, and how about these 5 amazing chili recipes from around the South. To satisfy everyone's sweet tooth and because it's crazy simple, serve your party guests this Chocolate-Cookie Crunch Trifle!


I'll be attempting this souffle this week because it sounds amazing, plus I'm a souffle rookie and I think it's time to slay that beast. Wish me luck.


Enjoy what's left of your weekend and Go Patriots!


No comments:

Post a Comment