Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I know what you're thinking.  "Where the hell have you been?"  Currently I'm enjoying a beautiful week at Kiawah Island in South Carolina, but other than than I've not been anywhere.  I guess I just needed a little hiatus from my kitchen because I've not been in there much in the past month.  Just ask hubs!  He's starting to bark a little.  One thing I did make was the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip a few weeks ago to take to a tennis match.  Huge hit.  So I made it again a few days later to serve one Sunday afternoon when several friends showed up at the pool.

It's a quick throw-together sweet with things you already have in your kitchen and it's perfect for the summer since there's no stove involved.  Kids and adults both scarfed it down.  I served mine with these cute mini vanilla wafer cookies, but graham crackers or your fingers work great too!  And it tastes just like chocolate chip cookie dough.  Seriously. 


Here's what you'll need:

8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used the mini ones)
1/2 cup toffee bits (optional, but I've been known to add them to my choc. chip cookies on occasion so I thought, "Why not?")

Cream together the butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer until smooth and fluffy.  Slowly add in the brown sugar and vanilla and then with the mixer on low incorporate the confectioner's sugar until smooth.  Fold in the chocolate chips and toffee chips.  Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready.


Like I said earlier, we're at Kiawah this week.  It's one of my favorites because the beach is one of those that you can ride your bike on which means the sand is packed.  I could walk out here forever, which we do everyday.  Today's walk was a little more interesting than most!


As we kept walking up the beach towards where the hotel is located, we noticed a crowd had gathered close to the water, so we figured something had washed up.


Sure enough.


This is why I don't swim in the ocean, people.  SHARKS live in there, and I see no reason to swim in their food dish.


Look, I don't know enough about sharks to know if this hammerhead would have eaten me or not, but I do know that he could if he got hungry, so I'm keeping my beach activities confined to walking, riding my bike, reading a book and drinking some wine all while just LOOKING at the ocean.  


Just sayin.






No comments:

Post a Comment