Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Doin the Cabo Wobble



Did anybody miss me?  Anybody?  Hello?  Is this thing on??




I had to spend the past several days in Cabo.  Totally sucked, but someone had to do it.




I mean look where we had to stay.




Another crappy Exclusive Resorts property.




With horrible views.  I actually had to sit in that hot tub and look at that.....ALL WEEK!




And if that wasn't bad enough, ER also provided us with a fabulous housekeeper all week.  She would show up first thing every morning and cook all of us a huge breakfast, clean up  all of our messes, do our laundry, make our beds, and THEN whip up enough guacamole and fresh salsa to last the entire day.  Can you imagine?
Then someone would show up every night and light that fire for us.  We hated it.  Not once (it was actually seven times) did we sit out there and roast marshmallows and eat smores or drink wine and laugh.  Not once (seven).





To make matters worse, I had to spend the week with these guys.  You'll probably recognize them from past vacations.  They're not fun at all.  Never make me laugh or do nice things for me.  They actually had the nerve to get me a surprise massage for my birthday.  That was torture.....didn't relax me at all.  I hated the fact that the therapist worked that huge knot out of my right shoulder.





They invited these two.  That's Keith and Emily.  He's not funny (his pool gymnastics routines deserve their own reality show) and she can't cook (made the most amazing baked brie dish I've ever had....which I'll be stealing and claiming as my own!)  Oh, and they had the nerve to treat me to an awesome pedicure.  They're never invited back!




So that's where I've been.  Don't cry for me.  I've managed to come to terms with it.  In hindsight, it may not have been so bad.
If I remember the pina colada's......







.....and Corona commercials,  I can actually conjure up a few good times.




For Hubs and I that was just the beginning of a rough month of travel.  We're home for a few days and then back on an airplane heading to Madrid for a few days then several days in Bordeaux tasting stinky wine then ending up in England....all while aboard The World. Not looking forward to that at all.



Maybe he'll take his razor on that trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment