Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TWD - Coffee Ice Cream Tart



Who doesn't love ice cream pie?  I remember when my step-son was little, he always picked a ice cream cake/pie from Baskin and Robbins for his birthday treat.  (Is B&R even still around?)  It's also a favorite of the other men in my life....hubs, my dad, and my nephew.   I'm really surprised no one has picked this recipe up until now, so a big thanks to Jessica of Domestic Deep Thought.  

This was a hit here.  I'll even admit to trying a small piece and I have to say that the crust was my favorite part.  I've read where a lot of the other bakers had problems with the crust becoming impenetrable after it was frozen, but I didn't have that problem for some reason.    And I loved the almond/coffee combination (even though I was a tad heavy handed with the almond extract which ended up overpowering the coffee....totally my fault).  I read where Jessica said it reminded her of dipping an almond biscotti into a hot cup of coffee.  Exactly!!  I topped mine with crushed chocolate covered espresso beans.  Really yummy.


I can see using this crust for a ton of different flavors of homemade ice cream this summer.  Check out Jessica's blog for the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Share it