Tuesday, September 7, 2010

TWD - Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crisscrosses


I know that Labor Day weekend "officially" marks the end of summer but in the South it doesn't necessarily mean the end of hot weather.  Unfortunately that won't come until sometime in November!  But as I mentioned in a previous post, I love the last long weekend of summer nontheless.  It means tennis, football, cookouts and this year it meant a visit from the cutest almost-one-year-old in my family.


  

I mean, really.  Tell me that's not one of the cutest things ever.  But she requires a LOT of shit to get through the day.   And since she and her mama were flying down it was going to be a little tough for her to transport all that sh**.....car seats, high chairs, cribs, etc., etc., etc.  So I had to call upon the kindness of a really great friend who also has a one-year old to borrow said sh**!

Which brings me to this week's TWD chosen by Jasmine of Jasmine Cuisine.  She chose Dorie's Peanut Butter Criscrosses.  I opted for the chocolate version because you can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate.  They're really delicious and I think they'll be a great way to thank my friend for being so nice!


    


They're just like I remember peanut butter cookies from my childhood....crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle.  Make sure you check Jasmine's site for the recipe (she's French Canadian so you'll have to scroll down a bit for the English version!)  Thanks Jasmine for a great pick and thanks Jilly (and Bram) for letting me borrow your sh**!!!!

4 comments:

  1. she's a CUTIE PIE!!! love your choc version.
    My version of these is PB and White Chocolate thumprints. Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is a doll!

    I need to try this chocolate version. Yours look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids do come with a lot of 'baggage'. But they are so cute! Your cookies look perfect, great crisscrosses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little girl is adorable, and your peanut butter and chocolate cookies look yummy too!

    ReplyDelete