Friday, July 30, 2010

Barefoot Bloggers - Greek Panzanella, Sour Cream Coffee Cake, and Scalloped Tomatoes




It's been almost two months since I've posted a Barefoot Bloggers recipe.  The leader of the group relaxed the rules a bit for the summer months and allowed us to post the recipes anytime during the month.   As usual I took my own special liberties with the rules and am posting June and July's recipes before the end of this month....which happens to be tomorrow, so just like TWD, you're getting your monies worth here today!!

We'll start with the Greek Panzanella, which I was sure we had already made, but looking back it was just Panzanella.....no Greek the last time.  It's basically the same recipe with some Greek touches thrown in.  Specifically olives, which I hate so I didn't add them, which makes me question if this is actually Greek now??  Anyhoo it was still good.  But it's got toasted bread cubes, so how could it not be good.  But it's only good for a few hours, then the bread starts to get all mushy, so this is one of those that needs to be eaten the day it's made.  No leftovers here.

Thanks to Tara of Smells Like Home for the pick.

Click here for the recipe.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Oh my this was really good.  Ina's Sour Cream Coffee Cake.  I've actually made this a couple of times in the past and it's a favorite.  It's perfect for breakfast with your coffee, an afternoon snack, or a late night indulgence.  I left out the nuts and doubled the streusel filling because that's the way I roll.

Thanks to Gwenn of Cooking in Pajamas for the selection.

Click here for the recipe.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++




Initially I wasn't sure about this recipe because I'm not a huge fan of cooked chunks of tomato.  I love all of the ingredients....tomatoes, croutons, basil, garlic, and parmesan.....but just couldn't wrap my brain around baking them.  Well sometimes my brain misleads me.  

This was freaking amazing.  Hubs and I made an entire meal out of this (and some coffee cake!) but I'll be making this over and over as a side dish to go with just about anything.  The only thing I changed was adding some red pepper flakes to the bread cubes as I was toasting them.  Added a subtle little kick.  

This is super easy and comes together in about 15 minutes (plus the 30-40 minutes of baking time....but that's just enough time for that first glass of wine!!).  You absolutely must make this!!

Thanks to Josie of Pink Parsley (one of my favorite blogs) for hosting this pick.

Click here for the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. The recipe sounds gr8 and the pictures are very nice too. I am a big fan of tomatoes and I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete