Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pool House Updates


I think it actually might be Spring in Alabama.  Finally.  I almost hate to jinx it by putting it in writing, but everything is in bloom (my sinuses confirm) and temps today are reaching 80!!  WOOT!




Which means I'm getting antsy to get this bad boy FINISHED and start partying in there!




Can you believe how much they've gotten finished in all of this rain?  The structure itself is 90% done and the stone masons are finishing up this week.  It was a lot of effin stone and these guys are amazing.  I really love it.





The only thing left to do inside besides the flagstone on the floor is the cabinets and appliances.  I met with the cabinet maker last week and there's really not a lot of cabinets, so that shouldn't take long.





I get giddy every time I go out to see the pizza oven!  I can hardly wait to get that thing fired up.





Isn't she gorgeous?  I think I'm gonna name her.  I'm not sure what yet.  Has to be Italian, right?






That strip of dirt is going to be an herb garden!  What grows best with just a little morning sun??  Must research.




Freaky right?  When you walk out on that deck is like you're floating.  I can't get many people to walk out there without the railing!  



That view is your reward for being brave!!  

So we've made a bunch of progress, but I'm ready for it to be finished!




Or at least for some of the mess in the driveway to be gone!  Jeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment