Wednesday, November 4, 2009

TWD - All-In-One Holiday Bundt Cake

Today's TWD for me is the All-In-One Holiday Bundt Cake. I say for me because we get a little latitude in our baking this month. The four recipes that have been chosen can be baked in any order! I like that. I'm a latitude kind of girl. Just sayin.

So my first choice for November is the above mentioned Bundt. Which, on a side note, I wasn't excited about until I read the recipe. For some reason, I had fruit cake in my head when I looked at the picture in the book. But, thankfully, I was wrong. Anyhoo....back to the bundt. Now I have a bundt pan that I love and was all ready to pull it out until I was reading the directions and Dorie mentioned that if you're using a silicone pan, there is no need to butter the silicone pan. I little light bulb went off in my head (doesn't happen often) and I remember this impulse internet purchase that might have occurred after a few glasses of wine.....or not....


How gorgeous is THAT?? Can I hear an O-H??


That my friends is a silicone Block O bundt pan. Or it is as far as I'm concerned. Holla! And seeing as my Buckeyes have a big game this weekend where we WILL kick State Penn's ass IN Happy Valley....oh, yes we will.......I made my All-In-One Holiday Bundt Cake in this little beauty.



And while it's not entirely Scarlet and Grey, Ohio State looking (Hubs said I should have baked something red...like red velvet cake with some grey icing. Maybe next time, cuz it's a great idea) this cake is DEEEEE-lunkshus. Moist and pumpkiny with little chunks of apple (I omitted the cranberrys) and pecan and, oh my, if you didn't put the maple syrup glaze on top you did yourself a TOTAL dis-service. To. Die. For.


You can find the recipe at The Nitty Britty. So glad she picked this one! If you love all things pumpkin, you HAVE to make this.

Oh and GO BUCKS!!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made that recipe yet, but based upon your glowing review, I should probably make it soon.

    Love the pan - too cool.

    ReplyDelete