Saturday, May 9, 2009

Turks and Caicos....where the hell is that?

Here's how the conversation went....

Friend, "Where are you going this time?"

Me, "Turks and Caicos."

Friend, "Where the hell is that?"

Me, "I don't know.  Somewhere out in the Caribbean."

And it is.  British West Indies, to be exact.  And it's beautiful.  But, what in the Caribbean isn't, right?

This is another one of our Exclusive Resort destinations, so let's just get that review out of the way first, shall we?

This was our unit for the week.....



It's #3504, if you're an ER member and it's fabulous.  It's three bedrooms and 3.5 baths.  The third bedroom is not immediately accessible except through an outside hallway so that bedroom is not ideal for small children.  It's essentially just another hotel room on the same floor, albeit right across the hall, but we didn't utilize it, so it was a non-issue.

The second bedroom has a pull out sofa so it worked perfectly for us since we had a three year old along on this trip.






Nice functional kitchen.


Great balcony with a fabulous view of the pool and Grace Bay.



The pool had a swim-up bar, which became very important as the week progressed!  (Doesn't it always!)




Check out the circular "sun pods" surrounding the interior of the pool.  Fabulous.  But you have to get there early to get one.  Or you have to get your shizzle there early to get one.  I'd come out on the porch at 7:00 am every morning to see people's magazines and books plopped there to "reserve" them.  So that's what I did!!




The beach.  We never actually went down there to lay, but we did play in the water a few times.


So, we've taken a few "beach" trips in the last five months....Little Dix, Cabo, and Turks and Caicos.

I'd have to say the T&C is my favorite of the three with Little Dix coming in second.  I guess we know where that leaves Cabo.  That's a whole other story.

T&C was easy to get to, the accommodations were fabulous, the food was great and the weather perfect.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now to the fun part.

Mr. B and I were lucky enough to spend the week with these guys....

That's my nephew and his bootiful, preggers wife.



I know, right?  Makes me feel bad about myself.




This is their little guy.  Who kind of likes Mr. B.



Little kids always like Mr. B



Might be because he acts just like them.  Who knows.




They had meetings in the pool....



...important information was exchanged at the swim up bar.  Who knows what they talked about, but I'm guessing it had something to do with "Pinky Doofers".  



When he and Mr. B weren't busy solving the problems of the world, he conquered swimming.  He started the week with his pink fairy floaties.


But quickly moved on to his pink Barbie intertube.  He seemed to like pink.  Don't read too much into that.



By then end of the week he was doing this.  I know.  Fast learner.



When he wasn't swimming, he was doing this.



He does A LOT of this.  I couldn't keep up.



Good thing his dad was there.  Because like I said, he moves A LOT.



But then he does this.



This I like!  I can keep up with this.


We had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment