Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TWD - Floating Islands.....not

If you came here looking for "Floating Islands" which was what I was supposed to make this week for TWD, you'll be sorely disappointed.

This is the only island I have for you.  But what a nice one, huh?  Yeah, I'm rubbing it in a little.



If you remember correctly, this little island is where I was when I was supposed to make the Fresh Ginger and Chocolate Gingerbread that was chosen by Heather over at Sherry Trifle.  I promised I'd get to it when I got home, and I did.




I think I'm the only one that liked this one ( and maybe some of my tennis buddies....I forced it on them at a match this week).  I will say that my tastebuds were a little confused.....is there not enough ginger or too much chocolate????  I just kind of felt like it was having an identity crisis of sorts.


But I still thought it was really good.  Especially with some ice cream.



Mr. B took one bite and that was it.  Miss C never even had a piece and she loves gingerbread.  What's up with that?  Could be why she's a size 0 (biiiiiitch) and I'm not.  Whatevah.

If you'd like the recipe for the cake, check out Heather's site.

So, sorry about the Floating Islands.  I'm not making any promises to make this one.  I really, strongly dislike meringues.  But check out the TWD blogroll to see what the other bakers did with this one.  And thank you to Shari of Whisk:  A Food Blog for picking this week (you'll find the recipe there).  Add Shari to your list of daily reads.  It's one of the best food blogs out there, IMHO.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the gingerbread. I couldn't stop eating it. Your's looks great. Love the top picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I am so jealous. Because of that island. And because you got to eat the gingerbread chocolate cake. I loved that cake! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete