Wednesday, December 24, 2008

TWD -Real Butterscotch Pudding

I have a good excuse, really.  I could even provide a written note from my parents, if necessary (since it's probably their fault).

I had this assignment done waaaaayyyy ahead of time.....swear.

But the 'rents arrived yesterday afternoon and they kept me so busy.....yeah, busy....that I just didn't get this posted.

Whatever, right?

This week's TWD choice, Real Butterscotch Pudding,  was made by Donna of Spatulas, Corkscrews & Suitcases.  After reading all of the bloggers' suggestions on the TWD site, I decided to make this as written by Dorie.  Some had expressed concern with using the food processor for all of the different steps in the recipe, but I've never had any bad experiences with mine, so I went for it.  Again, no problems.  Was it absolutely necessary.....probably not......a whisk would have been just as good, but it did make a really smooth final product, so who knows.


A lot of people were going to leave out the Scotch in this, but you know me.....fully stocked bar at this house......so I pulled out the good stuff and threw it in.  I mean it's not called ButterSCOTCH, fer nothin!!

The recipe made four ramekins (I filled them all the way) and since Mr. B was the only one here when I made this on Sunday, a few of them sat in the fridge for a couple of days.  I will say that the longer they sat, the more pronounced the butterscotch flavor became (I snuck a taste each time I served him one.....sue me).


There was one left for Pop last night and both he and Mr. B proclaimed them  two thumbs up! 

As you can see, I served them with Grandma's Butterscotch Cookies.  YUM!



As I said, the 'rents have arrived and can you tell how happy Raf is about this?  He LOVES his Nan, but they wear each other out!

If you want the recipe for the pudding, check out Donna's blog and to see what creative things the other TWDer's did with the recipe, check out the blogroll.  I highly recommend this one.

Everyone enjoy their Christmas Eve.  We'll be cheering on Mr. B's Irish tonight (they need all the help they can get!)

No comments:

Post a Comment