Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cookbooks, cookbooks, and more cookbooks....

As I told you a couple of weeks ago, I've been trying to organize the many, many books I own and have been cataloging them on librarything.com.  This weekend was dedicated to the cookbooks......192 of them to be exact.....of which I kept 159.  The rest went into my "donate" pile.

The problem is how to make sure I use them.  I LOVE to read them and look at the pictures, but I need to actually cook something from them.  Isn't that the point?  So, I'm thinking that I need to make some sort of commitment here....and to be totally honest, I'm not the commitment type.....except to Mr. B.  Everytime I decide to make a commitment to DO something, then I start feeling the presure to HAVE to DO it, and my rebellious side kicks in and I just, well, rebel.  So, I'm a little leary here.

My original thought is to commit (eeek) to cooking one recipe a week from each one of the books.  Now my math computes that to a three year commitment (double eeek).  I know that means I'll have all of these books that I've only cooked one recipe from which, even to me, sounds kind of lame, but I don't think I am willing to do more than that.

Does that even make sense to anyone??  As I read it, it seems a little confusing...

Anyway, that's what I'm gonna try to do.  I'll start this week and keep you posted.  I'll post the book and the recipe when it happens.  Wish me luck and kick me the blog when I don't get it done!!

Click on the librarything.com link to see my collection of cookbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment