Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lamb Shanks

Well, I finally made them......lamb shanks.  They are probably my favorite thing to order when dining out.  I.  Love.  Them.  But, I'd never made them.  And don't you hate it, when you're really afraid of doing something, and you put it off for a really long time, then you finally bite the bullet and you wonder why you were such a weenie for so long.  This was about the easiest thing, evah!!  Why was I so intimidated.  I guess I always thought that something that yummy had to be really hard.  But, no!

So, I followed the recipe to the letter and it turned out great, but the next time, I'll just do this in my fabulous new All-Clad slow cooker.  Will make cleaning up much easier.  I have to admit that I didn't do the roasted tomato part....I'm just not a fan.  I did, however, do the toasted orzo, but I wouldn't probably do it again.  It just wasn't mind blowing for the effort involved.  Besides, there's nothing better with lamp shanks than good ole mashed potatoes.  I'd just roast another head of garlic and add to the potatoes.  

I can totally see me putting this all together in the slow cooker on a Saturday morning (say, September 13th) this Fall to enjoy for a Saturday night Buckeye whoopin of Southern Cal.  Holla!!

Here's the recipe:



No comments:

Post a Comment